Tuesday, August 14, 2012

MEET THE NEW JV COACH!


           WE HAVE A NEW JV COACH!! 

Yes it is true! We have hired a new JV coach for the 2012-2013 season and we couldn't be more excited ! Her name is Diana Celebre and I have personally known Diana since high school (we were former teammates!) Many of you girls have met her this Monday night at practice but if you haven't, we had Coach Celebre answer a few questions about herself so you can get to know her a little better ! Enjoy! 


1.       So Coach Celebre, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I was recruited and played Division I fieldhockey at Rider University. I graduated in 2009 with a degree in psychology. I have my Masters from Dominican College in Childhood Ed. and Special Ed. I am currently a 2nd grade teacher at Trinity Regional School.



2.       What are some things you like to do for fun?

I enjoy traveling, going to the beach, going to the movies and working out.

            3.  You played at Rider University. Tell us a little bit about your college experiences.
I had a positive experience on the Rider field hockey team. I learned that through hard work, dedication and perseverance you can succeed in anything you do

            4 . Tell us a little bit about your coaching experience.
I coached middle school fieldhockey and lacrosse in the Sachem School District last year. I have also coached at Rider’s field hockey camp

5. What is your philosophy on coaching?
My philosophy on coaching is to have an environment that encourages athletes to learn and develop on and off the playing field. As a coach, it would be my obligation to instill in every player the belief that hard work pays off, and the harder players work, the more they will achieve.

            6. Who are some people that you feel influenced you as an athlete and as a coach?
My sister has been the most influential person to me. I have always followed in my sister’s footsteps as an athlete and coach.  Another influential person was my high school coach, Tina Moon. She provided me with confidence, skills and determination as an athlete.

         7. Name one thing you are most excited about this season.
I am excited to gain as well as provide new ideas to the Harborfields field hockey 
program.
 
                                      Welcome Coach Celebre!! We are happy to have you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment